Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Work In Progress.

The aforementioned work in progress? That would be me.
Sometimes I wonder if I've wasted a good chunk of my life worrying what other people think and/or do. I used to care SO much what people said about me, and although I am not quite to a point where everything rolls off my shoulders... (someday perhaps...) I do find that I am not quite as concerned as I used to be.
Maybe that is because I have kids now and my family has shown me what is truly important, but I have found that in the past year especially, it all just seems less important.
On that note however, I am also becoming more aware of how important perception can be. I have had a few people comment lately that they were scared or intimidated of me before they knew me, and truthfully, part of me kind of finds it funny... (its just really bizarre to me), but at the same time, I feel like maybe I should work on being a little more aware of what I am putting out.
I want to go through my life teaching my kids that they don't need to worry about every little comment or gossip, however they also need to know that they are daughters of our Heavenly Father and they are representing our family and our values. I don't think people have the right to judge one another, but, the cold hard fact is we all do. At one point or another we do.
So, my new goal, (which seems to kind of be a recurring goal I have...)is to work on avoiding that. I always get so defensive if I overhear somebody saying something about someone I care about, so what I need to remind myself is this- if I am repeating something that I know shouldn't be repeated, no matter the reason, I am attacking a person that someone else cares about.
And if I can get mad about someone doing it to me, how can I reasonably justify my own anger. I don't know if that makes sense, I have had this on my mind for a while and I needed to get it out.
So, I am sorry if I have ever offended someone who is reading this. I am sorry if I have come off in a manner that intimidated anyone. And I am sorry if I have ever made a comment about anyone reading this that may have been offensive.
I'm working on it.

7 comments:

Sommerfeldt Summary said...

Oh kristi you are too cute! I do know what you mean though. I think the same thing about myself. I love your blog too. Keep it coming!

Skye said...

Kristi---you've never offended me! I think you're fantastic! Maybe a bit too gorgeous though, so if you could change that?? JUST KIDDING! I'll accept your gorgeousness. :)

kelseyp said...

i am offended.. and shocked... and offended.. and just kidding i love you!

lynz said...

awesome goal! you are so sweet and such an amazing gal for working on something that is so hard for us gals :) i feel very similar to you and seem to always be working on letting things roll off my back and watching what i say and how i come off. good luck to you chickee!

Cheryl said...

Your too funny. I think you're just awesome, of course you already knew that!

Baker Photography said...

oh my gosh i love you! your so cute!

The Burrows Family said...

Hey Kristi! Hope you don't mind that i found your blog and read it. I love your posts! You're so honest- it's great! Hope you and your family are doing well! take care. And feel free to check out our family blog any time too bryanandamber.blogspot.com