Monday, January 18, 2010

Things... Part Three

I am really really grateful for my husband. I am grateful to have the knowledge that we are not going to fall into the statistic that claims that fifty percent of all marriages (that begin in someone's early twenties) will fail. I am a really lucky girl to have married Ben. The truth is, when I was younger I definitely did not have a clue as to the way my life would end up, in fact, I never tried picturing it really. I was not the type to imagine my wedding day, I never really gave much thought toward what I wanted to be, and I didn't imagine the kind of mother I would be.
When Ben and I got married, I was freshly twenty, and moved straight out of my parent's house. Were there adjustments? You betcha! Was the first year hard... well, sometimes, and that kind of had more to do with where we lived at the time than the whole newlywed thing. However, we are going on six years married, eight together, and I feel better about our decision everyday. Probably more than I did on my wedding day, and I was standing there without a doubt then.
I have a husband who gets that sometimes I don't make the smartest comments. Sometimes I say things that most people would have left in their heads. And sometimes I frustrate him in ways he's never been frustrated. Despite these things however, we have learned to accept each other's quirks, and maybe even love them a little... okay- tolerate them anyway.
Bottom line, I am really glad he agreed to be my guy forever, because I think eternity is gonna be a fun time with him by my side.
One of our engagement pics...
Dancing at our wedding...
Newlyweds...
The day we went through the temple together...
The day we were sealed....
Right after Grace was born...
Right after Kai was born...
I just love this dude...

2 comments:

kelseyp said...

AWWWWWWWWW! You guys!.... but i have to point one thing out.. I think it's interesting that I happened to be the 1st post you were thankful for.. woot woot! jk jk jk.. but seriously!ps.. I LOVE YOU MOST!

Mackenzie Family said...

Kris... I love your posts!!!! But I can't help but notice that Ben is wearing the EXACT same thing in the hospital for BOTH girls ;)!!!!!!!! Love ya