Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Still feeling that thankful feelin...

Soooo, on the topic of being thankful...I want to just say that I am so grateful for my mom. I know full well, how lucky I am that I have the relationship I do with my mom. I can't think of too many things in my life that she doesn't know about, and thats the way its always been.
We have hugely differing views on a lot of things, and I have to say that one of my favorite things in the world to do is get a rise out of her. Its been a good day for me if she walked out of the room at least once, shaking her head at me. That being said, I do consider her one of my best friends, (Thats even despite her being wrong about sooo many things...) She is seriously such a cool chick!

Also, there is the fact that I am pretty sure one of the main reasons I snagged Ben is because he thought I cook like she does... haha! Joke was definitely on him, but he does get to partake of her culinary goodness at least once a week.
She is the bestest best grandma too. My girls get to go to her dayhome every time I am at work, and it is just such a blessing to me to know that they are in a home I know and with someone I trust. Especially since, as it turns out, I am pretty psycho about my kids.

Anyway, Mom, I love you and despite the fact that my goal in life is to seriously aggravate you, I look up to you. Literally. You're taller than me.

No comments: