Monday, May 4, 2009

LIfe Changes!


Well, we're moved up, and getting settled in. It took a little longer than we had anticipated due to a couple of setbacks in the moving department, and then Kaia decided to get Tonsilitis and once we had a handle on that she developed Baby Measles.

So that was fun, but now we are here and having fun! Grace is LOVING having her best friend directly across the hall, I am loving having my best friend across the hall, and I am sure Kai feels the same way about Ella. (Not to mention how darn excited Ben and Spence are!!!) Kelsey's apartment and mine pretty much have revolving doors, and it is great! (Although safety handles on the door have come in handy for those times when maybe our girls should stay home long enough to sleep and eat.)
At the urging of Kel I thought that I would post a couple of memorable "Grace-isms" that she has spouted the past week.

We stayed at my parent's house for a bit before we moved up here, and one night we were bathing her before bed, on the towel we gave her was a picture of the Coppertone Baby. Grace looked at it for a while, then turned to Ben and asked him (in quite a concerned voice), "Daddy, is this a child?" We aren't sure if she was worried about the little girl's modesty, or what, but it was a cause of concern for her nontheless.

Last week Kelsey and I took the girls to Co-op. (Which by the way is by far our new fave grocery store!) So the girls are riding together in the cart while Kelsey pushes them, and Grace turns to Sophie and tells her, "Its just so nice having you around!"

We had Brit here this past weekend and we were telling her a story, and whatever had just been said she found it hard to believe so she exclaimed, "Shut up!" (As in- "No way!") Anyhow, Grace knows that that is a bad word and we don't say that, in fact, she usually tells the offending person that. Brit was expecting this, so she quickly apologized to her and said "I know we don't say that." Grace looks at her and says, "Its okay, sometimes good people say bad things." Eyeah.

Anyway, we have started potty training this week... (again!) I know that there are moms out there that are wondering what the heck I waited so long for... Truthfully? I got real lazy! So, now its time, and so far it is going great. I say that one day in, but I am hopeful!

Well, here are some pics from that photoshoot we did with Mand a couple weeks ago. She is amazing and I cannot rave enough about her! I am so lucky to have her as a photographer and friend! I love her to death!




6 comments:

Sommerfeldt Summary said...

The pictures are soooo cute Kristi! Miss ya too. I hope you guys are having fun in Calgary. Keep in touch.

lynz said...

awwww! those pics are so awesome, and i love the gracisms :) you'll have to keep those coming and i'm glad your baby girl is all better and settled in now!

Julie Pitcher said...

Your girls are absolutely beautiful! I see so much of you in the little one! I'm glad you're settld. I hate moving and hope to not do it again...ever, if not at least for several years! Love keeping in touch with ya

Skye said...

Those pictures are incredible! Your girls are just gorgeous! Glad to hear things are going great up there! I laughed so hard about Grace saying that good people sometimes say bad things! She is hilarious!

the fellers said...

oh my gosh, I love your kids, and those Grace-isms are AWESOME! haha...good people say bad things, hilarious! I wish you guys were gonna be around this summer...are you by any chance gonna come visit in the month of July? let me know, i will be at my mom's 90% of the time, just chilaxin....miss you!

Baker Photography said...

bah i love it! love you, love them!!!