Thursday, May 28, 2009

May Musings...


Well, another couple of weeks have come and gone, and it would appear that spring has finally stuck! I am so glad too, b/c this little apartment was starting to feel a little like prison!
We went and visited my Aunt Shannon last week, and we went to the park. I guess Grace forgot that she lived at the park last summer b/c she threw the HUGEST fit when I put her in the swing and at first the only way she would go down the slide is if Shan went with her.

Luckily my aunt is a very good sport! Kai on the other hand loved the swing and didn't really want to get out!
Brit came up last weekend and we took Grace and Kai to the mall for a bit. As per usual, we HAD to hit up the carousel, so that is always fun. On the bright side, Grace is now willingly getting off when the ride is over, so we are definitely improving there! Pretty soon I am sure I will be on a first name basis with the chicks that run the thing though.The other really fun thing we did last week was go out to Olive Garden with Pankhursts. Totally weird that it took us a month and a half to finally make it there! Well worth the wait though!!

Kai really loved those breadsticks!!!
Daddy's and their Girls

So being up here I have noticed a few changes with my girls. Some are good, (Kaia getting teeth definitely helps the whole "eating thing"! Grace's potty training helps the whole "mommy thing"!) But I have noticed some not so great things as well. Grace has gotten a little bit of an attitude. As in, I now sometimes wonder where my three year old went and why she left me a teenager. I am really unimpressed by this, so that gives me something new to work on, and the other thing that has started taking place is Grace has started beating her sister up. I definitely do not like this new development. So it really helps my sanity to walk into the room from time to time and see something like this...
Maybe my daughters will fight... ok for sure they will, but hopefully they will also always love each other. Even though they may sometimes forget.
(And don't worry, this babe has some feistiness in here too, she can hold her own!)

5 comments:

Julie Pitcher said...

man, my kids have been duking it out something fierce lately. i can't wait for summer so there's nothing to do and time to train my kiddo's behavior again! yikes! but there's also the times when they wrestle and giggle that make it all okay. i suppose they're all keepers! ooohhh....you're so in for it. the teenage thing is a fun one!

the fellers said...

why do our kids have to fight? I am glad Kai will fight back...Rylee beats Scoty up, which is really sad, cause he is a boy AND older AND A LOT bigger than her....hopefully he grows out of that...but he does fight back most of the time...or just beats on her when she isnt expecting it...oh man...ok, your kids have to be some of the fetching cutest kids out there...serious. And you, arent you miss trendy cute? I hate that I am TOTALLY NOT, can you teach me how?

Baker Photography said...

soo good to hear updates! i love your adorable family and cant wait to come see you!!!!!

Ashley said...

dang your girls are so cute! I'm glad to see you're enjoying yourselves down there in Calgary! I was there the other day and thought of you! we should meet up sometime...

lynz said...

holy hannah - kaia is sooo stinkin cute! your girls make me want a girl so bad, and i love your posts chickee - so cute :)