Thursday, May 14, 2009

Smiling Through the Rain!




So we are onto our third week up here and we are still having so much fun! I am seriously hoping that this blasted rain goes away and maybe someday we experience spring, but we still seem to be making do with the bad weather. (Although this lingering cold we are passing back and forth would probably go away if we had some sun!)
We have been to pet stores, baby stores... (hello E-Children!!!) the mall, (Grace and Soph are seriously addicted to the carousel!) and the various other places that Lethbridge seems to be lacking in. (Aside, of course, Anna Banana) So the girls are definitely loving living here b/c it is an adventure for them every day!
I have to admit that I was wrong. Calgary is a pretty fun place to live if you're in the right area. (Which we seem to be!)
Potty training is going quite well, the only things I am having trouble with are the whole public bathroom thing... although that could just be genetic.. and pooping. We are accident free, because she just holds it in. Until bed. When the pull up goes on. Its kind of frusterating b/c she tries to go as soon as she feels like she has to, but she just can't seem to make it happen. In the nearly three weeks since we started it has only happened twice. So if anyone has suggestions, I am listening! I am not complaining though! Thus far it hasn't been a headache at all, so I am lucky. I have to say, even the hard things in parenting are rewarding. Who would have thought I would get so excited about the sound of pee in a toilet!

Anyway, here are a few pics from the past couple weeks...

Mother's Day...


Grace and her Auntie Brit

K... this is random, but here is a picture of the biggest bee I have ever seen! And I truly believe it
very nearly gave Grace a heart attack! Luckily I had bug spray and Kelsey holding some paper towel!

Me and my honey... at the lunch Apx took us out for!

2 comments:

the fellers said...

you guys are so cute!

Mackenzie Family said...

I found that with Jaydyn that if we left her on the potty long enough and wasn't allowed off until she pooped, then it happened. And we bribed her the first couple of weeks. But other than that, it will just happen!!! Good luck!!!