Friday, April 17, 2009

April '09


Its crunch time... we are moving in a few days and I should be packing and cleaning right now, but I feel like I have slacked off in the blogging department lately, so here I am.
I have noticed a big change in Grace's behavior lately, and I am unsure as to whether it has to do with her reaching a certain developmental stepping stone, or her being three now, but she is definitely switching gears. She now seems to care more about how I feel, and when she misbehaves she is much quicker to apologize. (And have me apologize if the situation is reversed!) Also, her imagination is crazy now, just yesterday she was playing with our Uno cards and by the end of this particular activity they were tucked in to bed, (laying on my empty bookshelf, covered with a towel) and sleeping. Everytime I started to do something that caused any noise at all she was "shhhing" me b/c I was going to wake them up. She also turns into a teenager from time to time- her new "phrase" is "pfft".
Me: "Grace, I'm going to throw you in the garbage if you don't stop jumping on the couch."
Her: "Pfft Mom. You won't do that to me." (Eye roll)
And so it starts.
Although she has also started telling me the sweetest things. The other night we were getting ready for bed, and she came running to me and gave me the biggest hug. Then she looks at me and says,
"Mom, I just miss you so much when you are gone." (I am really never away from her, mainly b/c thats how I feel without her!)
I was like, "Really? I miss you so much too! You're my little buddy!"
Grace: "You're just the best Mommy and I miss you lots and lots."
I don't know if she was playing me for another story, later bedtime, or maybe she really meant it... but I'll take it!

I will say this though, I am really looking forward to the day she outgrows this "Belly!" phase she has. I don't know if anyone in the world has ever had this issue, but ever since she realized I had a baby in my belly... (With Kaia!!!...) she has staked claim over my stomach. She is constantly running up to me and pulling my shirt up to touch my belly. At night she lays down with me and HAS to put her feet on my belly. People I am sure, who have witnessed this, have assumed I am prego again. Its pretty ridiculous, but I guess it is a good way to kind of guage when she needs a little more attention. I am just hoping she outgrows it before she goes off to college. That could be kind of embarrassing!

Anyway, we had a great Easter, had dinner with my grandparents, which is always so much fun.


We also went bowling with Ben's dad and stepmom and kids. I was a little curious how Grace would take to it, being as she had never been before, but she LOVED it! It was so cute to watch and I now know something new we can do for Family Home Evenings!
Calli and Gracie
Every time she would throw.. roll her ball she would run back into Ben's arms to watch it go.
The Clan
Lori and I

Well, time to get to work, here are some more pictures from the past couple weeks.

We took advantage of the nice weather and went for a walk and to the playground! I LOVE spring!

3 comments:

lynz said...

awww - you have the sweetest little girls! grace is getting so big, and i love that she misses you even when you're with her all the time :) so cute!

the fellers said...

your girls are the cutest little chickas ever!

Brittany said...

This was such a cute post!! Gracie is such a sweetheart, doesn't it make you wonder what was so great before you had kids. Their easter dresses are so cute!