Monday, January 19, 2009

















Does it seem to anyone else like babies all of a sudden get all grown up- really fast!? It seems like just last month Kai was so little and couldn't do anything but sleep, eat and sleep some more. Now she HAS to be standing all the time, she is sitting up, and we've started feeding her baby food. With Grace time seemed to kind of crawl, and I think thats because I was waiting (with bated breath!) for every milestone. They have snuck up and by on us with Kai, and all of a sudden she is six months old and no longer my little baby! I am so excited for Grace to have her little sister be able to run and play with her, but it is coming a lot faster than I expected!















Grace was reading to Kai the other night while I ran downstairs, I came back up to find her telling her- "Its okay baby, I'm here. Mommy will be right back. Don't worry."

We have gotten to spend a lot more time with the Pankhursts, (as I have previously mentioned) and it is so much fun to watch Grace and Sophie play together! They are so cute, because for the first ten minutes Grace pretends that she doesn't want to play, and then, lo and behold, up she gets and has so much fun! (We already have some GREAT blackmail videos!)
I can't wait for Kelsey and Spencer's baby to get here and get big enough for Kai to make memories with!
Here are some pictures of the girls entertaining us...

(They were playing Ring A-Round the Rosie)














Playing with Grace's Barbie House... (I don't
know where Grace's pants are!)














Coloring... Sophie is just seeing if its ok to smile














Ummmm, I think they were "dancing" here














I know its fuzzy, but its so cute! They were
doing their Ballet!














So, not only is Kaia growing up, but Grace all of a sudden has decided that she should be a big girl too! This is not a big deal for those who have outgoing children, but I was just so proud... We got a new nursery leader in our ward this week. I was really worried, b/c Sister Byam is just so loved by Grace... (and everyone!) Anyway, I found out on Tuesday, and so all week we were jazzing Grace up, and getting her prepared to be in the Big Kid nursery. I took her in, expecting the worst, feeling so bad for the poor new sister who has to deal with the wrath my child is undoubtedly about to unveil, and... nothing! She leans toward Sister Swendsen, turns to me and says "Bye". Talk about the shock of my life! Kelsey (who was dropping Soph off) looked about as shocked as I felt! What a relief!!!!!!

Grace on her way to Big Kid Nursery!




























My goofy girl

6 comments:

the fellers said...

yeah, it seem time stood still with Scoty, but it has gone So fast with Ry Ry....it is amazing how fast they grow eh? I cant believe how big your girls are, they are SO cute!

Julie Allred said...

Oh I love your little girls (even though I've neve met them). They seem like such little heartbreakers=)

Brittany said...

such a cute post...I loved the Pics of kai. I wish that we could just keep them little and loving us forever..or at least loving us.

Fastabend Family said...

Your little girls are so cute! I can't believe how much Kai looks like both of you... I guess it makes sense... :) I was looking at the top picture, and thought how much she looks like her daddy, and then as I scrolled down a few pictures, saw one where she looks so much like her mommy!!
They grow so fast! My little guy is 2 1/2 months old, and I can't believe how much he has changed already! And my 2 year old changed overnight, I swear!!!! She has such an attitude now...

Brittany said...

I went to the customize and pushed add a gadget and then for the pics I just clicked on photo and added them one at a time. It was really easy and then for the little thing that says family is everything I got that from cutest blog on the block website that you can get from the top left corner of my blog, they had a bunch of choices. Have you downloaded picasa yet? It makes blogging so easy

Mandy Baker said...

k seriously.. your girls are sooo stinken cute... i love them so much!