Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year!!

Time To Unwind...


Christmas came and went, and I am going to be honest... I am glad. Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays, but it is kind of a relief when things calm down. We had a great Christmas, we got to see all of our family, and friends, and were totally spoiled! Now that it is over and done with though, I actually feel like we get to spend some quality time with everyone. (And that is so nice!)

Christmas Eve at my Grandparents'


The Barbie House Santa brought Grace


Kai and I Christmas Morning


Ben and I on Christmas Day


Christmas Dinner with my Family


Boxing Day with Ben's Family
(Wyatt is only 11 days older than Kai!)


Kai was completely tuckered out!
And so was Grace!


So now that we are slowing down a bit, we have had the opportunity to do a few things and try a few things.We got to go out with our buddies Spencer and Kelsey for a grown up dinner, (albeit Kai was there, but she slept the whole time!) We are so thankful to have them in our life. They are such great friends and we can't wait to spend the summer with them in Calgary. (Not to mention the fact that Grace and Sophie are starting to re-gain their BEST friendship!)

The Pankhursts... So cute!
We have also started Kaia on rice cereal, and so far it seems to be going well. Grace tries to help her, that doesn't go quite as well. We also have Kaia sleeping through the night in her crib now, and I have to say, it feels like the biggest accomplishment thus far in my parenting career! (We got ten hours straight last night and I feel like a million bucks!)

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the past two weeks, I hope everyone is enjoying the new year, we sure are!

Kaia in the Bumbo



Our poor teething baby...


Grace reading to Soph...

5 comments:

the fellers said...

you guys are so cute! I love that last pic of Sophie and Grace, they are so cute together!

kelseyp said...

oh soph and grace are sooo cute of best friends! cute cute post. i love all the pics of kaia. she is changing so fast. so i didnt come over tonight. kimber was stuck in my driveway so she had to take our jeep so i am vehicleless... i am gonna call you.

Tiffany said...

Such a cute post, I can't believe how fast your little ones are growing up.

Julie Allred said...

Oh your little family id soo cute!! It looks like you had a great Christmas. You are coming to Calgary? We will have to hang-out! All our little girlies can be buds.

lynz said...

kristi - kaia is so stinkin cute! i can't believe how big she's getting, and you are the cutest mom ever by the way :) i can't wait for the day that i get 10 straight hours of sleep again, so you'll have to drop me a few hints when you get a chance!