Sunday, February 8, 2009

Missed Moments? Not anymore!



Last night we were sitting here watching Grace dance (for the millionth time..) and I realized that I hadn't watched any of the videos we have taken over the past seven months. (We bought the camera right before Kaia was born.) Anyway, so we proceeded to watch them before bed. A ton of things struck me as we watched and laughed at our videos. So, here are my observations...
  • Our kids grow up so darn fast! Just the way Grace has changed since August blew my mind! How did I miss that?!
  • How much their looks change! I need to be more diligent about taking pictures b/c Kaia does NOT look the same- at all.
  • How cute their little ideas and thoughts are. Where do they come up with some of the stuff they say? For example, at one point in a video I asked Grace where Daddy was working, she said, "Manitoba", (right) We were making him a birthday cake, so I asked her to put the marshmallows into the bowl, she told me they were "smarchpallows" (yeah, kinda right...) then I asked her how excited she was for Daddy to come home and have his cake. Her answer? "Three." K, well of course! That makes perfect sense.
  • Kids dancing techniques have got to be the funniest thing out there. If any of you have been at my house, then you will undoubtedly know exactly what I am talking about. Grace puts a dance show on every chance she gets, and I've gotta say, the kids creative!
  • Baby's laughter is the sweetest sound-ever. We started recording Kai's laughter as soon as it started. And, being the doting parents we are, we then proceeded to film her every time she got going each month after. I dare anyone to refrain from joining in when a baby gets going. We sure can't!
  • Britney Spears "Circus" and "Womanizer" songs are the soundtrack to our life. (Apparently they are the "best dancing songs"... who knew?
  • How sad you get when only six months have passed and you realize that your parents, grandparents, ect were right. They do grow up too fast, and they do change in the blink of an eye!
I have now decided that, although I thought I tried to appreciate all the little moments, I need to try harder. My little girls are growing up faster than I want, and although I made Grace promise not to get older than 3, I kinda have a feeling she is going to break that vow.
So, while I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions, I am going to make a "Mommy Resolution" ... I am going to sit back and try to (wholeheartedly!!) take in my family. The other stuff isn't going anywhere, and I could miss out on memories if I don't!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

LOVED this post Kristi!! I think we all could make that resolution...they grow up whether we want them to or not. Your girls are so cute, you should bring Gracie over for a dance party with Lucy they would have a ball. That picture of Kaia is so cute, she has changed so much even in the past couple of weeks

Mandy Baker said...

Love love love it... your so right.. what sweethearts your little things are... ok so for the picture part i can help ya out there... lets get together soon so i can seem my little princesses! i love them!

the fellers said...

your kids are so cute, and yes, they grow so fast! it is a love/hate relationship I have with my kids...I love watching them grow and develop, but I hate it all at the same time too!

Skye said...

Loved this post! Such a good reminder of what's really important in life!!!

marisajbaines said...

ahhhh, i love ya... you are such a good mom!