Thursday, August 6, 2009

My baby isn't a baby anymore...



Well, I have a couple posts I want to do, but this one is first and foremost. My little baby is now a little toddler. I don't really know when the threshold from baby to not-baby is, but I am pretty sure that Kaia crossed it. Its funny how you look at your little one one day, and then all of a sudden the next she isn't as small and helpless as she used to be. I am different from a lot of moms I know in the sense that I don't LOVE the whole baby stage. My favorite time in a child's life isn't when they are first born and all tiny and needy. (I actually really adored 2 and I actually find myself looking forward to each new age, because it seems like it just gets more and more fun!) So, sorry to digress, back to my point... I am not sad that Kaia is one now. I am excited, because it seems like the past three weeks have brought out this little personality and I am so excited to get to know my little princess a little better!

Kaia's Birthday Pary/My Sister's Wedding Rehearsal

So... my mom and dad got Kai a cake, and being as she is NOT a child to shy away from making a mess we were kind of anticipating a good show... we were in for a disappointment! She just kind of poked at it a few times and that was it. Oh well, maybe next year!!

2 comments:

Skye said...

Awe! Happy Birthday Kai!!! Man time flies!

the fellers said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRIL! It is crazy when you all of a sudden realize they have become a toddler hey!? She is so fetching cute!