Friday, March 25, 2011

I made it!!!!



So today is a huge relief for me! I made it through work- that ended tuesday, I made it through my pedi, my wax and my hair appointments and most importantly- I got to see my little girl dance this morning- and get her first gold medal!!!!
I have been having contractions off and on for about three days or so and the doctor told me I am indeed dilated... though I didn't ask how much... so I was seriously stressed out that I wouldn't make it to this morning's competition. I am about 39 weeks and both girls were born just before 38 before... so we cut it close.
Grace and I have gotten up every single Saturday since the end of October to make it to eight thirty am rehearsals for this dance. Hour and a half rehearsals. (I am not a real morning person either.) We have practiced at home and we have missed things... (like sleeping!!) to do this. Grace is the youngest kid in the class for this, she was four when she started and the majority of the rest of the kids are about seven, so its been a pretty big deal. She took it very seriously and wanted to do such a good job- and she totally did!!!
When she walked onto stage today I seriously almost got emotional because I was so grateful to be there and see her hard work pay off. I am so proud of her and I am guessing by the medal still around her neck at this moment means she is kinda feeling the same way.

(And now, everything is checked off and we can have this baby...)

Grace and one of her AMAZING teachers Maryn...
We seriously love this chick!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That is so great you made it! Grace is adorable, and I love the whole idea of dance - hopefully my daughter will want to be in it too someday. It's so fun to see kids develop their talents and have something that is their own to be proud of. Congrats Grace! (And good luck, Kristi!)