Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Not perfect but always trying to improve...

I have been terrible at keeping up with this since Ava was born so that sucks. I really would like to be better... so I will try. I am definitely not making it a goal or resolution or anything... I generally fail at those about the same time I start them.
I am not going to try and recap the past year either... when people do that I admire them for the effort and then proceed to skip to the next blog because I feel time is limited and spending two hours reading up on someone's life is probably not where I want to allot that time. I'm gonna assume the same for anyone out there reading this and just carry on...

What I would actually like to do is take a moment to say I am truly grateful to be my three girls' mom. I am not the best mom in the world... pretty far from actually... but I sure do feel a huge amount of gratitude that I get to try every day to do right by them. I am not going to lie... I was a waaaay better mom when I just had my older two. I seemed to have more patience and time... and probably sleep... but I sure am glad Ava decided to make her arrival in our lives. I am not going to try and make excuses for my shortcomings, I have them, I need to work on them and there is no good reason to have them. However, I was granted this huge blessing to be their mom and to be this example for them and I felt like I needed to acknowledge that despite the fact I have lots to work on, I go to bed every night fully aware of the awesomeness that is my life as a result of them!













3 comments:

Baker Family said...

um LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. and I LOVE your family picture!!!! I miss your cute face and those girls of mine. You are the best little momma!!! xoxo
Mands

The Burrows Family said...

I think you have the most attractive family ever! Hopefully one day we'll get to see you all in person again.

Jennie Holt said...

you have the cutest kids ever! makes me want to have 3 girls ;)