Saturday, July 9, 2011

Justice?

So I want to post something that has occupied my mind a lot lately... due to the fact that I was on mat leave and watched every day of it...
Caylee Anthony.
Most everyone knows the situation. Most everyone thinks the same thing.
I am not going to rehash everything, what I want to say is this-
I am so thankful to be a mother. I am so thankful for the children I have been blessed with.
(Yes, ALL 3 of them!)
I am sickened over a mother that can act the way little Caylee's did. I am sickened over the lack of justice this little baby is going to get. I am heartbroken for her grandparents who loved that little girl like their own.
I am grateful however. Grateful for the knowledge and faith that she is in heaven with so many people who will love her and treat her as she deserves. Grateful that life doesn't end here on earth and that it only gets exponentially better on the other side.
I don't know what would possess a mother to act the way hers did. What would make a mother do the things she did. What I do know is even if she is not going to receive any sentence on earth, there is a much greater one waiting for her on the other side.
My heart breaks that there are people- doing everything they can to have children even if it means hurdling a crapload of obstacles...yet people who NEVER in a million years should be allowed near a freakin child, let alone having them- get to birth and neglect them.
All I want to say is I appreciate my children so much. I love and adore them more than anything in the world and I really hope and pray that little Caylee is feeling that someone up there feels the same way about her.

No comments: