Friday, December 3, 2010

So Here's The News...

I have put this off for so long.
I have seriously neglected posting anything other than pic posts for the past few months simply because I was kind of... not telling... for a while... that I am prego.
Yup.
Me, who shouted from the rooftops I was done at two has a bun in the ol' oven. Just over six months in fact.
I am not going to sugarcoat this post- it was completely unexpected... and I was not thrilled at first... okay- or even now. HOWEVER, that being said, I AM fine with it now and I know without a doubt that this baby chose our family and we are going to be so blessed by her. Yup- her. Not only was she unexpected... (notice I am not saying unplanned... thats on purpose people) but she is also a she. When we found out we were expecting we were positive that meant Ben was getting his boy. Why else would we get knocked up whilst on the 99% affective pill? (I warned ya'll I wasn't sugarcoating...)
Anyway, the ultrasound was a couple weeks ago and there was very little doubt as to what our baby is. She gave us a nice, clear spread eagle shot. Now, unless there is something very anatomically wrong with our little boy I am fairly certain its a little girlie in there.
Were we disappointed? Yup. Was I surprised? Nope. I really feel like Heavenly Father gives us little signs sometimes to prepare us for things in life, and the two weeks prior to our ultrasound I had probably five dreams about having a little girl and whenever I thought about what it might be I knew. I wish Ben was getting a boy to "pass on his man knowledge" to, (his words not mine) but I guess one (or all) of our girls will be fluent in "guy-ese".
I do wish we hadn't told as many people what we were hoping for because the awkward pauses and then quick reassurances from well meaning people start to make me a little tired. (Although, if you know me at all you know I do love an awkward pause for the most part... and this isn't sarcasm either!)
I am actually okay with having only girls, I kinda love the heck out of the two I already have and I have already come up with a few positives of having another one...

*I don't have to send a son out on a mission. (Now watch- all my girls will decide to serve!) Listen, I know its a blessing, but honestly I can hardly stand grocery shopping without my kids.

*The circumcision debate. Yup, when it was up in the air as to what were having I had already had four people tell me what I HAD to do. Divided opinions.

*I am not gonna have to buy anything! (Now thats not to say I am not GOING to buy anything... I just don't have to...)

*Girls pictures are so much cuter. Kel, Mandy and I are already making plans.

*Girls clothes are cuter.

*Headbands for babies are just getting cuter and cuter

So, I will love this little girl after she is born. She is getting an amazing dad and the two best big sisters a girl could hope for, and life will be great. Now we just have to come up with a name...

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats! I really am excited for you. You make really cute girls so you might as well keep having them! The excitement will come eventually. It might not hit until she is born, but it will come. Trust me. I've been there. And you simply love them to bits. You can't help it! Seriously, babies are the best :) Hope you feeling well!

the fellers said...

oh congrats Kris...scoty was unexpected too, took a moment to adjust, but I wouldnt have it any other way. You are a great Mommy and I know this will all work out how it is supposed to! I cant wait to see pics of the little girl, maybe she can marry my boy I will be having soon? that would be fun...then Ben can pass his man knowledge onto him!?! Good luck, and great job at keeping it a secret....6 months...holy crap!

kelseyp said...

You forgot to mention that this baby girl really isn't yours for the first year of her life anyway... You aren't gonna break my heart and decide to keep her are you?? If so, friendships off... and pictures! Jk jk jk.. Your little girl is going to be the perfect little dolly for all the other girlies to play with.. You really took one for the team there Wolsey!

Julie Allred said...

Wow thats awesome, well it will be awesome lol. It took a bit of adjustment with our first too. I know that she will be super cute tho and girl clothes are waaaay cuter.

WOLSEY FAMILY said...

NICE WORK! That is so exciting :) That's right! Girls are sent from Heaven and they a re the best! Good luck with your pregnancy,

Love,

Miriam, Ryan and Aubrey

Wolsey said...

I second Kelsey's taking one for the team! Being sick, gaining weight, feeling exhausted, having everyone give you unsolicited advice... it's not all it's cracked up to be! But, as you already know, the end result is the greatest! Hang in there - you guys are awesome.
P.S. have you thought about the name "Helga"? (yup, unsolicited advice like that!)