Sunday, March 8, 2009

Times are A-Changin'!




Anticipation... its in the air!
I am hugely looking forward to a few things coming up.
First of all- Spring. There are few things better than the time in which the snow is finally gone, the grass is starting to get green and the leaves start budding. I cannot think of a better time for a fresh start, and this is when I really feel like making changes, or tackling new things. (And old things... spring cleaning anyone!)
So, with spring, comes the next thing that is changing for us.
We are moving in a month.
To Calgary.
The thing that I am finding weird about it is... I am excited. I hate Calgary. It is just too darn big for me, and there is just too much traffic. People don't know each other like they do here. However, I am looking forward to our move despite these things. Maybe its because I am so excited to do all these fun new things with the girls this time around. I am also so excited for Grace and Sophie to experience new things together, and grow even closer.
The biggest thing I am looking forward to though, is Brit's wedding. It is weird at times for me to think that my little sister is getting married, I mean, she's just little! (I am sure she'd love being called that being as she is turning 23 this year.) Irregardless of this though, I am really pumped! Watching her go through planning a wedding definitely makes me thankful to my Mom who pretty much did Ben's and my wedding on her own. (Sorry Mom!)

(This feels like it was a million years ago... In a good way!)
Its going to be so beautiful and soooo fun. I am super excited!
So, these are the things that are happening with us in the next few weeks and months. Times are changing, and I am optimistic about them. There is just something uplifting about this time in our life and I love it!

7 comments:

Lacey said...

Are you kidding me, YOU HAVE A BLOG! I am so glad you found my blog so that I now have yours. I can't belive you are moving to Calgary! I have only been in Portland 6 months but you adhust to the big city pretty fast, you just have to make our own small town with the people close by. Aaron's sister lives in Calgary and loves it, what part are you moving to? Hey I thought your little girls name was Kaya? The Bergsmas where just down her telling us what a cutie she was and it made me miss you! I wish we had stayed in better touch since high school, but what better time to start than now! Can't wait to hear how the move gose and happy belated birthday!

the fellers said...

I am so excited for you for moving to Calgary, but sad, cause I wont be able to see you in the summer when I come...poop....well maybe if I go to Calgary! Good luck!

kelseyp said...

YAYA! im excited for calgary too! we are going to have the funnest time living even closer than we already are.

Baker Photography said...

ahh... WHAT.. i am seriously crying inside!!! I am so happy for you but sad for me... seriously we haven't even played yet.... so can we play soon and then we need to take pictures.. I love you and I love my girlies too! Zack will just have to come see Kaia up in Calgary i guess... Oh so exciting for you though! We'll miss you!
Mandy and Zack

lynz said...

i didn't know you guys were moving to calgary! congrats :) i totally felt the same about moving to portland - too big and crowded - but it's always fun to have adventures with your hubby and kids, and it's different in a good way when you change scenery. good luck with everything chickee!

marisajbaines said...

im so sad you are moving in a MONTH!!!! just give me the worst friend award.!!!!! lets plan something... oh, and can i come visit you like everyday in the summer??????

Julie Pitcher said...

Hey Kristi!
So, what's in Calgary? Is Ben still doing the oil rig thing? The girls are darling..as usual! Things here are good. I am also so ready for spring. I hate winter, it makes me cranky! And I love spring, because I always repaint and totally clean things! After tax season that is...